Thursday, June 28, 2007

Missing my mother

I deeply miss my mother. Although I took care of her for almost the last 2.5 years, she gave me a gift that I hope everyone can or will have a chance to receive. A chance to really know my mother and to be a friend and a companion as well as a son. It is often difficult to tell those we love how we feel, but this was not the case here. She got a goodnight hug and kiss every night before I left to go home after dinner, cleaning up and making sure she was OK. She lived as she wanted to, and almost died as she wanted to. My duty is now to protect her culinary and literary legacy, as well as my father's papers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was deeply inspired and appreciative of your mom. I have also lost my mother, who was just 87 when she died 19 months ago. She was a wonderful, special mentor, inspirational spirit and great lady too.
Regarding your mother, I had the pleasure of her allowing me to interview her and use her as a sounding board several years ago, when I began to investigate new avenues within the culinary profession. She provided valuable insight and references to help me understand part of my path.
I am eternally indebted to her for her nurturing soul, and for her work on rice and culinary history. Thank you for supporting and maintaining her legacy. peace.

Anonymous said...

1000 facebook likes
buy facebook likes

http://entrepreneurship.unica-network.eu/content/peter-drucker-society-europe-launches-essay-contest http://www.roughstock.com/history/urban-cowboy#comments
get facebook likes get facebook likes 1000 facebook likes
This is what I keep getting when I want to open some downloads from my driver. AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.5512 ModName: mpeg2dmx.ax ModVer: 2.0.84.30429 Offset: 0000dff3 I installed Microsoft XP on my computer a couple of days ago because I had Vista and I didn’t like it. Everything worked perfectly except this. I don’t know what to do. Should I reinstall Vista on my computer again. I tried it with a virus program and Internet/Control Panel options but no help. PLEASE HELP. Thanks:

1000 facebook likes get facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]facebook likes [/url] facebook likes